Personal Data Policy for the Recruitment Process
We always ensure that the handling of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable legislation on data protection and good data ethics framework. Personal information is treated confidentially and only for the purposes here described.
1.2. Data controller and DPO contact information
Geomatic A/S is Data controller for the processing of personal data
1.3. Our data processing description and purpose
As a part of the application process in Geomatic, we handle personal data about you which you have submitted in connection with your job application.
The personal information we process about you is: Your application, CV, education certificates, reference letters and records (including criminal record), and other attachments you enclose with the application material.
In addition, Geomatic will process personal information about you in connection with the assessment of the application material you have submitted and in connection with any interview you may be invited to.
The purpose of processing your personal data in the application material is to evaluate you in relation to the specific job you have applied for.
In connection with the application process, your personal data will only be shared internally with management for the purpose of recruitment.
The processing takes place with basis on GDPR article 6, paragraph1, (b) and article 6, paragraph 1, (f) (legitimate interest), since the recruitment process is part of an employment relationship in the contract and Geomatics' legitimate interest in processing personal data about you and evaluating your application is part of the application process.
If Geomatic wishes to collect references in connection with the application process, this will be based on your consent, c.f. GDPR article 6, paragraph 1, (a).
1.4. Storage of personal data
Geomatic stores your personal data until the position which you have applied for is filled by an applicant.
If you get the job, your application and CV will be transferred to your staff folder at Geomatic in connection with the employment relationship.
If your application is rejected, and you have given your consent for us to save your application and CV, we will retain the documents for up to six months after the rejection, after which the data will be deleted.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal of consent means that your personal data will be deleted, and as a result you will no longer be considered for vacant positions with Geomatic.
1.5. Your rights
You can contact Geomatic if you believe we process personal information about you.
If you choose to exercise one of your rights, you must send your inquiry by e-mail at: email@example.com. Once we receive the email and subsequently verify the identity - to ensure that we do not disclose personal information to unauthorized persons - we initiate the process.
You have the following rights when personal data about you are processed:
- Right of access: You have the right to gain access to your personal data processed by Geomatic.
- Right of correction: You have the right to correct incorrect personal information about you.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data prior to the Geomatics standard procedure for deleting your personal information.
- Right to limitation of processing: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to limit Geomatics processing of your personal information.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to limit Geomatics processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive an (electronic) copy of your personal data processed by Geomatic.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Geomatics processing of your personal information.
- Complaints: you have the right to appeal to the Data Protection Agency if you believe that Geomatics processing does not comply with the applicable Data Protection Legislation.